Hummingbird Bioscience is seeking for a Research Associate to join and contribute to a fast-paced team with antibody discovery platform and ample opportunity to grow with the company. This will be a permanent role for the right candidate.
- Design, execute, and analyse laboratory experiments using standard techniques in immunology, molecular, cell biology and biochemistry.
- Knowledge in Immunology and antibody based and cell-based assay.
- Maintains cell culture under aseptic conditions.
- Establish, develop, and validate new assays/technologies in the laboratory when required.
- Adapt new methods to existing procedures and modify current experiments through scientific knowledge and intuition.
- Maintain accurate, detailed, and up-to-date records of all laboratory work and experiments in electronic files.
- Draft, write and edit internal scientific reports and research records.
- Operate and troubleshoot complex equipment with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with supervisor and peers to meet project deadlines.
- Contribute to the overall safety and organization of the laboratory.
- Keep updated inventory of project stocks and re-order when required.
- Possess flexibility to adapt to sudden changes in direction according to project requirements.
- Demonstrate attendance and punctuality, consistency in carrying out instructions, accuracy & attention to detail, achieving expected results & continuous improvement.
- Maintain an integral role in the laboratory's meetings, presentations, and publications. Present information on research and laboratory work to others at laboratory meetings.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced high-pressure R+D setting.
- Diploma or Degree in Biology or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a biology research laboratory.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Disciplined, well-organized, and positive attitude.
- Fast learner. Ability to work independently.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate results and thoughts concisely and clearly in a timely manner.
- Experience with immunology assays is a plus.
- Experience isolating immune cells is a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture lines is a plus.
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus.
- Experience with ELISA is a plus.
To apply for the above role, please send a maximum 2-page resume in PDF format, detailing your education and relevant experience, and a cover letter with your motivations for applying for this position with the job description in the subject line.
Please also specify clearly:
1. Your years of working experience
2. Your current and expected salary
3. Language skills
4. Nationality / visa status